gdm busted?

Mike Chambers mike at mtchambers.com
Tue Jun 2 14:36:31 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-06-01 at 09:12 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 06/01/2015 08:50 AM, Max Pyziur wrote:
> > It seems that my GDM is hosed also; I see that both gdm and lightdm
> > are installed (per fedup); how do I make the adjustment?
> >
> > Thank you.
> http://ask.systutorials.com/524/how-to-replace-gdm-with-lightdm-on
> -fedora
>
> # yum install lightdm lightdm-gtk
> Then, disable gdm service and make the lightdm service be started by
> systemd
>
> # systemctl disable gdm.service
> # systemctl enable lightdm.service
> After rebooting your Fedora Linux, lightdm should be the dm.

You can also install system-switch-displaymanager and let that do it
for you.

dnf install system-switch-displaymanager

system-switch-displaymanager gdm or system-switch-displaymanager
lightdm or whichever want you want.

Reboot (not sure just logging off works) and should be using the one
you chose.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY