Unwanted blinking notice -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Tue Jun 2 15:50:34 UTC 2015

On 02/06/15 11:19, Ted Roche wrote:
> Bob:
>
> What does the flashing notification say?
.
A flashing text window containing the URL subject name. I find it really
annoying, it would be tolerable if it didn't blink/flash?
.

> It doesn't seem to be an exact match for what you are describing, but
> I get a confirmation dialog asking me if I want to use FireFox or
> another web browser when I flip this setting:
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.protocol-handler.warn-external-default
>
> In Thunderbird, hit the menu "hamburger" icon, then Preferences,
> Advanced, Config Editor. Search for:
>
> network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http
>
> This may void your Mozilla warranty, fwiw.
.
No, that doesn't look like the right thing and my warranty expired
immediately after installation!
.
Thanks, you were the only response so I guess I'm the only one troubled
by the feature,

Bob