f22 fedup with btrfs snapshot?

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Jun 2 21:33:24 UTC 2015

Il giorno mar, 02/06/2015 alle 13.22 -0400, Neal Becker ha scritto:
> so that I can backout to f21 if I don't
> like it?
Curiosity, how do you know that f22 work worse respect f21, unless you
do not try it for a while?

For example, if you want to try Evolution (or some other local
application with local data), you must download your mail, and you will
try to write a message to send, just so you can discover that the
editor of evolution is worse than the previous, and when you use undo
(ctrl + z) undo does not do "undo" but something else and dirty your
text (this, unfortunately, is a real problem that happens even now as I
write this message).

At that point, if you do a revert to f21, you lose all messages that
you have downloaded and all work that you have done in the meantime on
your machine. At this point it is too late.

In short, I do not think that you can find all regression, that
invariably occur when you change a version of Fedora (or Nautilus, or
Evolution, or some Gnome Applications), in just a few minutes of test
and decide to come back.

Probably is better test the new version on a simple virtual machine ...
or not?

Thanks for your attention.

--
Dario Lesca
(inviato dal mio Linux Fedora 22 con Gnome 3.16)