gsl

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Jun 4 13:15:56 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 04, 2015 at 02:01:41PM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 3 June 2015 at 22:23, Patrick Dupre <pdupre at gmx.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can somebody help me?
> >
> > This short piece of code fails.
> > It seems to be due to the gsl library!
> >
> > Thank for your help.
> >
> > #include <gsl/gsl_multifit_nlin.h>
> >
> > int main () {
> >   const gsl_multifit_fsolver_type *T_ ;
> >   gsl_multifit_fsolver *s_ = gsl_multifit_fsolver_alloc (T_, 10, 1);
> >   }
> >

> You haven't initialized T_, so when you call
> gsl_multifit_fsolver_alloc, it fails because it doesn't know what
> solver type to allocate for.
>
> So, try initializing it, eg.
>
> const gsl_multifit_fsolver_type *T_ = gsl_multifit_fdfsolver_lmsder;

the other thought I had is that you may need to pass the address of
T_ so the function knows where your local gsl_multifit_fsolver_type
is, so it can store data there. Try passing "&T_" instead. In this case
you wouldn't need to initialize it because the routine will use
the address of your local variable.