F22 KDE How To Remove "Software Updates" Widget? (Solved)

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Jun 5 20:29:43 UTC 2015

Ed Greshko wrote:

> On 06/02/15 04:25, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> Not being a KDE user I don't know for sure, but even if it alerts that
>> updates are available, a normal user can't install them unless they're
>> members of the "wheel" group or they have the root password, not so?
>
> That is what I thought, and what I said initially.  However, 2 days after
> I said that updates were available and I used a non-wheel user to do the
> updates and it worked.  Not the best of designs, IMO.

I believe the default policy to consider installation of fedora signed
updates an unprivledged operation (using packagekit).

For details, see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Privilege_escalation_policy

look for "with the exception that for installing Fedora-signed packages from
administrator-configured repositories"

-- Rex