Libssl and libcrypto

Kevin Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Jun 6 01:45:26 UTC 2015

On 06/05/2015 09:19 PM, Les Howell wrote:
> Hi, guys,
> 	I just attempted to update Eagle CAD and it requires these libraries.
> Good old "yum what provides libssl" and again for libcrypto return
> nothing.  Since SSL seems to have lots of uses, and libcrypto surely has
> good uses, where are the recommended sources for these bits?
>
> 	almost forgot.  F20 electronic labs spin, x86 64 bit version lots of
> space (about 1tiB and about 16G memory 8cpu AMD FX83 processor.
> fully up to date.  ran yum clean all to ensure no funny background
> stuff, and then yum update and repeated the whatprovides queries.

# locate libssl
/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libssl.so
/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libssl.so.0
/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
/opt/google/chrome/libssl3.so.1d
/opt/google/earth/free/libssl3.so
/usr/lib/.libssl.so.1.0.1e.hmac
/usr/lib/.libssl.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib/libssl.so.1.0.1e
/usr/lib/libssl.so.10
/usr/lib/libssl3.so
/usr/lib64/.libssl.so.1.0.1e.hmac
/usr/lib64/.libssl.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.0.1e
/usr/lib64/libssl.so.10
/usr/lib64/libssl3.so
# rpm -qf /usr/lib64/libssl.so.10
openssl-libs-1.0.1e-42.fc20.x86_64
# locate libcrypto
/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so
/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so.0
/opt/Adobe/Reader9/Reader/intellinux/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
/usr/lib/.libcrypto.so.1.0.1e.hmac
/usr/lib/.libcrypto.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.1e
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.10
/usr/lib64/.libcrypto.so.1.0.1e.hmac
/usr/lib64/.libcrypto.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.1e
/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10
# rpm -qf /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10
openssl-libs-1.0.1e-42.fc20.x86_64

You just have to ask the right question.  B^)

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at verizon.net
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net