f22: how to change default gateway via line command

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 11:01:49 UTC 2015

On 06/06/2015 05:32 AM, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Into Fedora 22 workstation, it's possible to change temporarily via
> command line the default gateway, to test another gateway, when I have
> setup the network via DHCP?
>
> What is the best command line to use?
>
> Many thanks
try :
$ man route

*DESCRIPTION
       Route manipulates the kernel's IP routing tables.  Its primary
use  is
       to  set up static routes to specific hosts or networks via an
interface
       after it has been configured with the ifconfig(8) program.

       When the add or del  options  are  used,  route  modifies  the
routing
       tables.   Without these options, route displays the current
contents of
       the routing tables.

**  del    delete a route.

       add    add a new route.