RFC: Multiboot Guide

David A. De Graaf dad at datix.us
Sun Jun 7 19:19:07 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 01, 2015 at 02:12:30PM +0200, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 01:43:42PM -0600, Pete Travis wrote:
> >
> > http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/22/html/Multiboot_Guide/index.html
>
> Is it a work in progress?  I see a couple of incomplete chapters:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/22/html/Multiboot_Guide/BIOS.html#BIOS-general
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/22/html/Multiboot_Guide/boot_arguments.html
>
> --
> Suvayu

The parts dealing with BIOS systems seem still To Be Supplied.
To that end, I have written up how I've been doing it for the past
several Fedora editions - using a primary grub menu in a "mainboot"
partition, and secondary grub menus in respective /boot subdirectories
for multiple root filesystems.  Read it here:
    http://datix.us/multiboot.html

If it's of any help, feel free to use this info.  It works for me.
I'm leaving on a trip till July 4 with only sporadic internet
connections, so I can't interact very much.

--
        David A. De Graaf    DATIX, Inc.    Hendersonville, NC
        dad at datix.us         www.datix.us

"In opera, there is always too much singing."
        -Claude Debussy