Packages without updates during 20->21 upgrade

Alex Regan mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 01:52:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

Following with solutions to many of these issues...

> I'm using fedup to upgrade from fedora20 to fedora21 before going to
> fedora22, and there appears to be a few packages that have no fedora21
> equivalent:
>
> Packages without updates:
>    aic94xx-firmware-30-6.fc20.noarch
>    febootstrap-supermin-helper-3.21-2.fc18.x86_64
>    gnupg-1.4.19-2.fc20.x86_64
>    libgssglue-0.4-2.fc19.x86_64
>    perl-PlRPC-0.2020-15.fc20.noarch
>    prelink-0.5.0-1.fc20.x86_64
>    1:anaconda-yum-plugins-1.0-10.fc20.noarch

All of these were safely deleted without issue.

> On another system, I have the following failure during fedup:
>
> # fedup --network 21 --product=server
> setting up repos...
> fedora/21/x86_64             | 3.8 kB  00:00:00
> fedora/21/x86_64/group_gz    | 232 kB  00:00:00
> fedora/21/x86_64/primary_db  |  17 MB  00:00:23
> No upgrade available for the following repos: updates
> Error: can't get boot images.
> The installation repo isn't currently available.
> Try again later, or specify a repo using --instrepo.
>
> I've searched quite a bit online, and all references to this issue
> appear to be with much older upgrades. Any ideas would sure be appreciated.

This turned out to be a mirror issue. Somehow even after rebooting it
still picked the same mirror that was having a problem. I edited the
fedora-updates.repo file and hardcoded an IP address for one of the
mirrors that I knew was working properly.

Thanks,
Alex