Has anyone upgraded from F20 to F21 or F22 using YUM?

Les Howell hlhowell at pacbell.net
Mon Jun 8 17:56:15 UTC 2015

Hi, guys,
	It is getting to be time to upgrade again.  I am debating the wipe and
reinstall method, over the upgrade by YUM.  One of the issues facing me
it the loss of the FEL spin.  I use a lot of those tools along with some
other stuff I have had to get via download and install.  I have also had
my issues with GNOME (no rant, just aggravation).  So, Here is the big
question... Has anyone done either the full jump (f20-f22) or is the
preferred process f20 to f21 then move to f22 a bit later?

	Applications currently in use:
	Android Development studio (not ready for prime time is my best take on
this thing right now)
	Arduino (yes, I know it is available from yum, but has it migrated to
dnf?
	gEDA design suite
	gcc
	gputils
	gnuplot
	Microchips MPLABX
	openSCAD
	gedit
	pyGcode Viewer
	evolution
	Eagle CAD
	Libre Office
	evince
	gnome-terminal (but could use any typical unix type terminal window)
	Languages in use: C, C++, Python, Assembly (multiple processors),
Pascal, ADA, Fortran, COBOL, CLISP and some others occasionally.
	Eclipse occasionally
	FFTW but I usually download that from their site.
	Upcoming interests 3D printing and milling and machining.

	Any thoughts on which is the correct path, and is there any way to get
the Electronics Lab equivalent as the base for these efforts?

Regards,
Les H