Clone SD card -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Jun 8 18:36:42 UTC 2015

On 08/06/15 13:34, Rick Stevens wrote:
> Should be
>
>     # dd if=/place/to/save/image.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1M

Good, that works, I copied from one SD card to the hard drive on this
computer and then copied that to a second SD card which works just like
the original.

Now the problem is that the image I have uses Mate and I prefer XFCE. I
groupinstalled xfce and switchdesk but although switchdesk reports it
has made the change it still comes up with Mate which looks like the old
gnome desk top to me, it works but I have never used it, first Window
Maker and then xfce. So I need to do some surgery on the copy on the hd
but don't know how to open it. Presently it is a file named sdimage.img.

Any help appreciated,

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD