workstation spin

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 16:17:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 08:55:07AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 10:54:35PM +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> > I'm not talking about the desktop, choosing one or another is trivial.
> > I'm talking about install time. I installed F22 from the live iso
> > (the only available), and I had no choice of customizing what's being
> > installed. Maybe I missed something or maybe I chose the wrong install
> > source.
>
> The emphasis is on getting you to a basic running system quickly, with
> as few questions as possible. Once there, you have much more powerful
> options for adding software, and it's available whenever is convenient.
> Why duplicate this at install time?

More to the point, I don't think the Live images ever offered a choice.
That's kind-of the idea about live images.  When you install from them,
you get the exact same system that you would get if you were to boot
from it.  I would try the netinstall image to get choices.

I believe, there was some talk of having updated live images from time
to time during the lifetime of a Fedora release, to aid installing an
updated Fedora version easier.  It was abandoned as it required more
effort than available.

--
Suvayu