Fedora 22 is here!

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Jun 9 18:14:15 UTC 2015

On 06/09/2015 12:43 AM, valent.turkovic at gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, this is the information I was missing!
> DisplayLink is crucial search keyword, so after DuckDuckGo-ingit
> (yeah, I know) found a ArchWiki page that says there is some
> experimental open source support:
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DisplayLink
>
> So is there a way to get DisplayLink working in Fedora so Lenovo docks work?

I have a Mimo USB monitor that uses DisplayLink which I've used on my
laptop. I haven't used it in a while (I think the last effort was under
F20) because the way it worked, the Mimo ended up as the primary display
and it's a bit small for that.

Anyway, here's the xorg.conf stuff I had to use:

Section "Device"
         ### Available Driver options are:-
         ### <percent>: "<f>%"
         ### [arg]: arg optional
         #Option     "ShadowFB"                  # [<bool>]
         #Option     "DefaultRefresh"            # [<bool>]
         #Option     "ModeSetClearScreen"        # [<bool>]
         Identifier  "Mimo"
         Driver      "displaylink"
         BusID       "USB:17e9:401a"
         Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
         Identifier "Mimo USB"
         Device     "Mimo"
         Monitor    "Mimo"
         DefaultDepth 16
         SubSection "Display"
                 Viewport   0 0
                 Depth     1
         EndSubSection
         SubSection "Display"
                 Viewport   0 0
                 Depth     4
         EndSubSection
         SubSection "Display"
                 Viewport   0 0
                 Depth     8
         EndSubSection
         SubSection "Display"
                 Viewport   0 0
                 Depth     15
         EndSubSection
         SubSection "Display"
                 Viewport   0 0
                 Depth     16
         EndSubSection
         SubSection "Display"
                 Viewport   0 0
                 Depth     24
         EndSubSection
EndSection

IIRC, I did have to build the driver from a source tarball I got
somewhere (can't find it now). Your mileage may vary.