Basic drivers, installation and regular session

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Tue Jun 9 23:25:58 UTC 2015

On 06/09/2015 04:05 PM, Isaac Cortés González wrote:
> If I installed f22 in "basic mode" (or with basic drivers), do I have
> to change anything (post-installation, of course)  in order to use the
> regular drivers?

You have to be much more specific than that. What do you mean by
"basic"?

The vast majority of drivers (and by that I mean software that control
or manage various pieces of hardware) are part of the kernel package
and that really doesn't vary regardless of what spin or flavor
(desktop, server, etc.) you installed. Specific applications may not
be part of your installation, but that's a lot different than drivers.
-        Is it progress if a cannibal uses a knife and fork?         -
-                                  -- Stanislaw J. Lec               -