dnf whatprovides and library files

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Wed Jun 10 00:06:35 UTC 2015

On 06/10/15 08:02, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/09/2015 04:53 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> What can I do to get "whatprovides" to work consistently?
>
> I know that yum is now deprecated, but does it still work for this?  If so, there's a problem with dnf and you should file a bug report; if not dnf isn't part of the issue.

If you go back and read what I wrote I did state...

"dnf fails to find on F21 in the same manner"

So, on an F21 system yum works, dnf doesn't.

Before I file a bugzilla I feel it is prudent to ask the question since someone who knows dnf may point out what I may be missing.

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4