f22: how to change default gateway via line command

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 10 01:31:45 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-06-10 at 00:22 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:
> But when I restart NM the gateway change again
> then this (stop NM) is not a valid solution for me.

For what it's worth, you're trying two mutually exclusive commands, as
far as I can see.

NetworkManager automatically configures things as instructed by a DHCP
server, or self-configures a link-local address, or activates a chosen
user-configured network setting (the later may be an option for you, but
you wanted to do stuff by the command line interface, and I'm unfamiliar
with controlling NetworkManager that way).  I've certainly made new
custom settings in the NetworkManager GUI, and chosen them to force
manual changes to my network.

Using an IP command temporarily changes the current operating
parameters, but doesn't change any stored configuration.

NetworkManager's next operation will do what it wants to do, again.
Overriding what you may have temporarily changed.

I would have thought that if you were making temporary changes, this
wouldn't have mattered.  But it sounds like you want to make permanent
changes, despite initially talking about making temporary ones, and
going about it the wrong way.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.19.8-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:42:35 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.