dnf headaches.

Derrik Walker v2.0 dwalker at doomd.net
Thu Jun 11 01:44:37 UTC 2015

I seem to have some issues with dnf, and Dr Google isn't helping ...

So I installed the "Games and Entertainment," which did exactly nothing,
except mark it installed.

So, I figured out, that if I really want the games installed, I probably
should have:

# dnf group install with-optional "Games and Entertainment"

Cool except it tells me that "Games and Entertainment" is already
installed.

OK, so I'll just remove it and re-install it ...  but is says NOPE!!!

# dnf group remove "Games and Entertainment"
Warning: Group 'Games and Entertainment' does not exist.

So, now I can't install it properly, or uninstall it.

And the versions I have installed:

# rpm -qa | grep ^dnf
dnf-1.0.0-1.fc22.noarch
dnf-plugins-core-0.1.8-1.fc22.noarch
dnf-langpacks-0.10.0-1.fc22.noarch
dnf-yum-1.0.0-1.fc22.noarch
dnf-conf-1.0.0-1.fc22.noarch

Not sure if It's a bug, or if I overlooked something in the
documentation. But my kid want's his games!

Thanks.

--
-- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
dwalker at doomd.net

"Those UNIX guys, they think weird!" -- John C. Dvorak