F22 and the RPI2B

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jun 11 14:22:47 UTC 2015

On 11/06/15 08:59, Jon Ingason wrote:
> By the way have you enabled "PermitRootLogin" in the
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config? Remove # in the start of the line:
>
> #PermitRootLogin yes
>
> Look at man sshd_config for futher information.
>
> -- Regards Jon Ingason

.

Did that in addition to changing root in /etc/shadow. It booted and gave
me a text screen I've never seen before asking to set language,
password, etc. I set the password but apparently did not close it
correctly, it didn't work and worse yet that apparently only comes up
once. I can't get back to it, it goes directly to the graphic login
screen and I have no keyboard/mouse control which I would like to
investigate via ssh ...

The changes I made are still there, nut something triggers the text
screen for pass word entry, what?

At this point all I can do is start over with another sd card.

Your help has been valuable, thanks,

Bob

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA