Fedora 22 on Surface Pro 3

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Fri Jun 12 04:35:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am planning on getting a MS Surface Pro 3 and promptly stripping it of its current software. Does anyone have any information on Fedora 22 can this tablet? (From what I understand, it is actually a full-fledged machine and does not have the ARM processors.)

I DDG'ed on this and  came up with the following:

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/53414/fedora-20-installation-on-surfacepro3/

But this information is from the days of F20. I wonder if the kernel patches that are talked about there and necessary have been sorted and included by default in the current 4.0 series kernels?

Any experience would be very helpful.

Btw, how does one get the on-screen keyboard in such a tablet using linux?

Many thanks again for any pointers, and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.