Where is the menu function "copy", "cut" and "paste" in gnome nautilus/file 3.16.2

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 12 19:32:47 UTC 2015

On 06/12/2015 10:59 AM, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 12/06/2015 alle 07.22 -0500, g ha scritto:
<<>>

>> i use kde and konqueror, so i can not offer any answer.
>> just trying to clear up a possible misunderstanding.
>
> You are lucky, You use KDE and in all your application, especially in
> your file manager, in some place, typically in menu_bar/edit, I think
> there is the possibility to use the cut/past function, as well as the
> usual ctrl+c/v or right click.

lucky? maybe. more like planned that way. ;-)

i did have to set up konqueror to act as file browser, but that is/was
a simple mod with the KDE Menu Editor.

now, if i am file browsing and need to check something on inet, it is
a simple opening of a new tab and entering the url in location bar.

if i want to view an html page, or a site i have stored on my system,
it is as easy as clicking on it and i have the html in my file browser.

> I use Gnome 3 (unfortunately) and in this application:

change your luck and stop using gnome.

even Linus likes kde and does not like or use gnome. :-)

could be Linus enjoys the advantages of kde. now that 'plasma' is
out, i imagine he enjoys kde even more.

do you want "Freedom"? have a look at;

  https://www.kde.org

also, read these wiki links for additional info about kde;

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_environment
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDE
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIO
  http://www.maketecheasier.com/quick-easy-guide-to-kde-kio-slaves/

> My question is:
>
> where it was moved ?
> or has been removed ?
> in this case, why?

as already stated, i can not answer because i use kde and do not
have problems of gnome.

> ... or this is only a my problem?

if you are using gnome and have the problem, then the problem
you have is using gnome. if others who use gnome had problem,
i believe they would have said so.

if you do not like kde because it is a memory hog, then you have
2 choices. add more memory to use kde, or use a desktop manager
that uses less memory and 'just works', such as xfce.

  http://www.xfce.org/
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xfce

re: graphics
i can see what you are talking about from the graphics.

seems like you should stop worrying about problem and learn to
use both mouse and keyboard shortcuts.

--

peace out.

--
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6

tc,hago.

.