Where is the menu function "copy", "cut" and "paste" in gnome nautilus/file 3.16.2

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 13 02:41:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 10:44 -0600, Ronal B Morse wrote:
> The inability to paste an object into a folder using only the mouse is
> a problem only in list mode, and then only when the list display is
> larger than the active window. In icon mode there is always enough
> space between objects to summon a file actions context menu with a
> right click.
>
> One work-around, if you absolutely must use a mouse action to perform
> a paste operation into a full list-mode window, is to right click on
> the tab of the target window in the Nautilus top bar then click on
> "open in new window". That will open the target folder in icon mode
> (if you haven't changed with the defaults) and you can right-click on
> any empty space to access the file actions context menu and complete
> the paste operation from there. Close the new window when done.

Does no-one else see the stupidity of replacing a simple menu operation,
with a complicated procedure?

*IT* is supposed to be the damn computer doing the work.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.19.8-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:42:35 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.