F22: dnf - seems to do nothing?

John Horne john.horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Tue Jun 16 10:12:51 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have just installed F22 (KDE spin) onto my laptop at home. After
installation I ran 'dnf update' and it installed a load of patches.
However, now whenever I invoke dnf it seems to do nothing (no output on
terminal). My first thought was to perhaps try using 'strace' to see
what it was doing, but of course I can't install it. A reboot made no
difference.

A bit of searching seems to indicate that there was (?) a problem with
dnf 'install' (perhaps with metadata?), but I couldn't find out if this
was resolved (I assume not since the latest updates obviously didn't fix
it), or if there was some sort of workaround.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this problem?

Thanks,

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
Plymouth University, UK