packages not from a trusted source

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 16 12:23:31 UTC 2015

On 16/06/15 01:06, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> Well right, but what about apper? Does it really have no way to show
>> me
>> what it's warning me about?
>
> I have no idea. Everyone has different tastes but I have only ever used
> the command line for updating (formerly yum, now dnf) since I like to
> see what's going on.

I think the application should really provide enough information for the
user to make an informed decision. Maybe check it's bug reports /
development radar, to see if it's already on the developer's list.

Is Gnome Software Centre giving any further details ?

It's as bad as ms windows "the executable file you clicked came from an
untrusted source, this might be dangerous, do you want to go ahead...?",
No sane person can answer that ;-)