How to cleanly stop and restart firewalld?

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 16 16:36:45 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 12:12:39AM -0700, David Highley wrote:
> Generally we are needing to run a test to see if we have a firewall
> issue so we want to stop for the test and then start the firewall up
> again.

Currently, firewalld has a "panic mode" which, as you might expect,
drops everything. It seems reasonable for it to also have a "open for
testing" mode which would temporarily let everything through. The
advantage over stopping and restarting is that any
dynamically-generated rules could persist (for example, you wouldn't
break networking in your VMs).

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>