turn off monitors when logged out

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 09:58:15 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 11:41:45PM -0500, Steven Stern wrote:
> The monitors turn off normally when I'm logged in and idle for 20
> minutes but since the upgrade to F22, the monitors stay on when I'm
> logged out.
>
> Where do I tell gdm to turn off the screens if the system is idle for
> more than X minutes while logged out?

If you are using Gnome, your desktop settings should also apply to gdm.
If you use something else, I would guess you need to use the gnome power
management application to replicate your desktop settings.

In case you are not using Gnome, I would recommend switching to
something like lightdm.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu