um ... why are my wiki pages suddenly rendering "fi" in olde english?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Jun 17 16:02:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015, Dave Stevens wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:46:45 -0400 (EDT)
> "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
>

> >   ok, maybe not old english, but recently, my wiki pages suddenly
> > started rendering the two-character string "fi" as some weird,
> > stylized "m" with a curved stroke above it (can't remember what that's
> > called).
> >
> >   i'm on fully-updated fedora rawhide, so it might be a fedora thing,
> > it might be a font thing, it might be a firefox thing, i have no idea.
> >
> >   has anyone else seen this? here's a sample page where this happens
> > throughout:
> >
> > http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Git_config
> >
> >   the very first line -- the title "Git config" -- renders the "fi" in
> > "config" as i described above, and it does that throughout the page.
> > thoughts?
>
> not really, not happening on my U14.04 box with Firefox 38

  depending on whether this mailing list allows attachments at all, i
attached a tiny (2.2K) image, showing the bullet list items

 * using the reflog
 * workflows

where you can see the string "fl" is also rendered weirdly. of course,
if this ML strips attachments, that's not going to help.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca