um ... why are my wiki pages suddenly rendering "fi" in olde english?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:04:31 UTC 2015

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:46:45 -0400 (EDT)
Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> thoughts?

Possibly something to do with the charset specified in the headers
the web server claims to be serving versus the actual charset of
the data on the pages? I don't recall seeing a problem with "fi"
before, but I encounter web pages every day where the pages
were actually produced by some Windows tool using some windows
encoding, yet the server claims the encoding is UTF-8. This
always causes all sorts of nonsense rendering in browsers which
actually believe what they are told.