question/problem re: smplayer and mpv

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Wed Jun 17 18:26:54 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 11:05 AM, jd1008 wrote:
> I tried to post this problem to the smplayer forum, but have received
> no answer yet.
>
> I tried to subscribe to the mpv mailing list, and I have yet
> to receive an email to confirm that I wish to subscribe to the list.
> With mpv, I tried several times, but still it seems that their
> subscription 'engine' is not working.
>
> So, the question is:
>
> I want to use mpv as the player that smplayer will launch to play
> a file or a url.
>
> smplayer is popping a banner, saying:
>
> Ooops  something wrong happened.
> I click on show log, and this is what it says:
>

> /usr/bin/mpv -noquiet -nofs -nomouseinput -lavdopts threads=4
> -sub-fuzziness 1 -identify -slave -vo xv:adaptor=0 -ao pulse
> -nokeepaspect -autosync 100 -mc 0 -dr -double -input
> nodefault-bindings:conf=/dev/null -stop-xscreensaver -wid 39845933
> -monitorpixelaspect 1 -ass -embeddedfonts -ass-line-spacing 0
> -ass-font-scale 1 -noflip-hebrew -ass-styles
> /home/jd/.config/smplayer/styles.ass -subfont-autoscale 0
> -subfont-osd-scale 20 -subfont-text-scale 20 -subcp ISO-8859-1 -vid 0
> -aid 0 -subpos 100 -volume 25 -cache 2048 -osdlevel 0 -idx -vf-add pp
> -autoq 6 -noslices -channels 2 -af
> volnorm=1,scaletempo,equalizer=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0 -softvol -softvol-max
> 777 /sdb3/My_Music/Faun/Faun - Schrei es in die Winde-tek5KKnPfaM.mp4
>

> Error parsing commandline option noquiet: option not found
>

> Exiting... (Fatal error)
>

> So, where are all these command args configured?
> I do not see these in any file in ~/.mpv
> nor in ~/.mplayer
>

> Thanx for any tips about this.

mpv defaults are stored in the system-wide /etc/mpv directory and may
be overridden by files in your ~/.config/mpv directory.

"noquiet" is not an option that mpv understands, which is why it's
puking. Not sure what's calling mpv and specifying that option, but
smplayer's options are in your ~/.config/smplayer directory, so try
looking there to see if smplayer is calling mpv with that option, e.g.

	$ grep -r noquiet ~/.config/smplayer