Using Fedup

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Thu Jun 18 22:08:20 UTC 2015

On 06/18/2015 02:48 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/18/2015 02:32 PM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> Should go fairly well if your F20 is up to date. You may have to wait
>> for a full moon and shave a goat under it, but you should be OK. :-)
>
> And, just as with getting SCSI to work, always use black candles!

I was on the ANSI SCSI committee back in the day (like 30 years ago) so
I had "special powers" and could get by with dark blue candles and only
having to pluck a live chicken on alternate Tuesdays to get my drives to
work. I still have a bunch of the old 220/330 ohm DIP packs (the blue
ones) to terminate cables if you need any. :-)

I was also incredibly stupid back then, so I mistakenly volunteered and
got stuffed onto the ANSI C committee as well. At least that had the
silliness of PJ Plaugher of Whitesmiths on the committee, too:

Under "Bugs" on the Whitesmiths' C users' guide for "onexit() (their
library's version of what became "atexit()"):

	"The type declarations defy description and are still wrong."

And under "Bugs" for "cpystr()" (their version of "strcpy()"):

	"Forgetting the terminating null is mildly perilous."

PJ was nothing if not, uhm, "clever". :-p
-    "Hello. My PID is Inigo Montoya.  You `kill -9'-ed my parent    -
-                     process.  Prepare to vi."                      -