Using Fedup

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Fri Jun 19 14:20:32 UTC 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 22:59:30 +0930 Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Mickey:
> > > fedup: error: argument --product: invalid choice: 'non-product'
> > > (choose
> > > from 'server', 'cloud', 'workstation', 'nonproduct')
>
> Patrick O'Callaghan:
> > Seriously?
>
> Can someone explain what product=nonproduct actually means?  I've looked
> at <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedUp>, but it makes as much sense as
> sale=nosale, to me.

:-)

I don't know the answer to this question, but this option appears to be no longer needed for fedup from F21 to F22. At least, I did not have to enter anything and the upgrade went through flawlessly.

In any case, FedUp itself is going away after F23 and the upgrade process is scheduled to be integrated into dnf.

Best wishes,
Ranjan