[FORGED] Re: Using Fedup

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jun 19 20:33:11 UTC 2015

On 20/06/15 04:03, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-06-19 at 22:59 +0930, Tim wrote:
>> Mickey:
>>
>> Patrick O'Callaghan:
>>> Seriously?
>>
>> Can someone explain what product=nonproduct actually means?  I've
>> looked
>> at <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedUp>, but it makes as much sense
>> as
>> sale=nosale, to me.
>
> It appears to be a runic incantation with no inherent semantics,
> however my point was that the OP should try actually reading the error
> message he posted. And maybe the fedup manual.
>
> poc

I kind of surmised that that might be your point, but it was very hard
to tell.  There seems to be an overwhelming penchant on this list for
being mind-bogglingly cryptic, which is very counter-productive and very
annoying.  If you (anyone!) have something to say, say it clearly and
completely.  Take half a minute or so to think about how to express
yourself so that what you say is comprehensible to the human mind, which
is what most of us are equipped with.

> One should not aim at being possible to understand, but at
> being impossible to misunderstand.
>
>         --- Quintilian

cheers,

Rolf Turner