Disabling auditd on Fedora 22

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Jun 20 00:26:35 UTC 2015

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 19:19:15 -0400 Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 19:14:56 -0400
> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
> > My totally unscientific assessment of auditd is that it's a massive syslog
> > spammer, and won't be missed.
>
> There are a few obscure questions you can answer about your
> system using auditd, but it is almost impossible to discover
> how to use it to find out the info even if you suspect it might
> be useful :-).
>
> Personally, I also set audit=0 on the kernel command line
> to prevent anyone from even trying to talk to auditd.

I just removed auditd from the system using dnf erase auditd. We will see what happens, but no issue so far.

Oh, I removed libreport too, a while ago.

Ranjan

> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.