F22 unusable - system freezes on login

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 00:27:06 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 05:47:49PM -0400, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> On 2015-06-19 17:27, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> > In emergency mode, could you look at what logind was up to in the
> > previous boot?  Something like the following should work:
> >
> >   # journalctl -b -1 -u systemd-logind
> >
> > You could compare with the current boot by switching the -1 to 0.  Maybe
> > this will give you clues.
>
>   16:47:38 New session c1 of user sddm.
>   16:47:56 New session 1 of user matthew.
>   16:48:24 Power key pressed.
>   16:48:24 Powering Off...
>   16:48:24 System is powering down.
>
> Nope, nothing interesting.

Okay that tells me the login actually worked from the perspective of
logind, but something else prevented the next step.  My first guess
would be SELinux or maybe some sort of permissions problem in the home
directory.  Not sure how to check for SELinux issues, some ausearch
incantation in emergency mode would be best.  But otherwise, you could
try booting with enforcing=0 among your kernel arguments and see if you
can login.  And of course checking permissions is easy from emergency
mode.

Hope this helps,

--
Suvayu