Frequent X Freezes

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jun 20 09:10:44 UTC 2015

On 06/20/2015 01:54 AM, Dave Cross wrote:
> I'm happy to do all that I can to try and get this problem fixed.

Activate the Magic SysRq Key and test it.  (The exact key combination
needed varies from machine to machine and you need to know how to use it
before you have to.)  Once you have, see if you can use it to get an
orderly reboot during a freeze.  This may give the maintainers an idea
of what kind of freeze you're experiencing.  If the system is just
"stuck," this will get you a reboot, but if it's stuck inside an
interrupt, with other interrupts masked, even this won't help.