F21 updates broken?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Jun 20 17:21:32 UTC 2015

On Sat, 20 Jun 2015 15:02:30 +0200
Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> On 06/20/2015 10:45 AM, Paul Smith wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >
> > After
> >
> > yum clean all
> > yum update
> >
> > I am getting the following error on F21:
> >
> > http://ftp.fi.muni.cz/pub/linux/fedora/linux/updates/21/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml:
> > [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for updates
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Since some time yesterday, all "updates" repos and fedora "updates"
> mirrors seem to be broken.
>
> C.f. the threat starting at
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-June/211583.html
> in particular
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-June/211595.html
>
> So far, at least I haven't experienced any improvements.

Everything should be back to normal now.

Most of the metalinks were fixed last night, a few more we found and
fixed this morning (and now we have written tools to find all these).

http://www.scrye.com/wordpress/nirik/2015/06/20/mirrorlistmetalink-woes-now-fixed/
has some information. I'll do a more detailed post once we have figured
out the final cause.

kevin