Removing lvm2 takes away too much

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 21 04:15:25 UTC 2015

Allegedly, on or about 20 June 2015, Javier Perez sent:
> I do not use lvm2, I installed btrfs
> Nevertheless I saw that the installer added lvm2
>
> Now, when I am asking dnf to remove it I see that it also wants to
> remove
>
> anaconda
> initial-setup

Shouldn't be needed again, post install.  Don't know about the others,
and like you mention, it depends if you use them.

> Not that I will miss any of them because this is my home computer, but
> does it mean that if in the future I want to play around with docker
> and cockpit, I have to install lvm2 again even if I do not use it?

You could try going through the motions of installing one of them, but
aborting before it actually starts, and see what else it wants to
download to install along with them.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

public lists.

Long ago I gave up on using Windows (TM) [Tantrum Machine], and I've
never regretted it.