[OT] HP Officejet Pro 8620

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 23 11:40:12 UTC 2015

Robert and Ralf,

thank you both for responding.

On 06/23/2015 04:55 AM, Robert Aston wrote:
> The wife and I each have one.  What's your question?
>
> Rob
>
> On 23/06/15 05:14 AM, g wrote:
>> greetings.
>>
>> anyone on this list using an HP Officejet Pro 8620?
>>
>> question regarding this exact model.
>>
>> tia.

a user, ken <gebser at mousecar.com>, on the centos user list has the
same printer and posted a problem.

On 06/22/2015 10:31 AM, ken wrote:
> For some reason the "tech support" people at Hewlett-Packard don't
> know what the default password is to access their printer's embedded
> web server (EWS).  I got it myself from the installation manual six
> months ago and immediately set my own password which I have used
> since then, so I no longer remember what the default is.  (It's
> really a longer story than that, but....)  So I was just hoping
> that someone here might know what that default password is.  Mine
> is an Officejet Pro 8620, but perhaps some other, recent HP printer
> default password would work.
> (Yes, I've already tried various versions of "admin", an empty
> password, and others, but just not anything which has worked.)

as he states, he has gone thru various 'incantations' to get into
printer, but all are failing and no user on centos list has same
printer to be able to help.

so far, there has been 25 posting to thread with no solution, so,
i thought that if there was a fedora user who had same printer, you
might have an answer.

it is not that i am tired of reading thread. ;-) it is that Ken seems
a bit lost and desperate for help and he is not finding any. therefore,
to try to help, i posted to this list.

so, if either of you would pass along an answer, i will pass it along
to Ken on the centos thread.

also, i presume that his email address is correct and i "Bcc:" to him.

thanks again for your response.

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6