F22: where is the files hids-id.h in the Fedora kernels?

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sat Jun 27 12:55:19 UTC 2015

On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 20:39:53 +0800 Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 06/27/15 20:20, Ranjan Maitra wrote:

Ed,

> Well, kcbench-data does supply
>
> /usr/share/kcbench-data/linux-4.0/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h
>
> I don't know if that is what you want, or need, but that's about all the help I can give.  :-)

Yes, that is what I want (I did check), and thanks very much again for all your help!!!

But I was wondering if this really does not belong to the kernel (and should come in with the install) where it originally resides, and whether I should fill a bug/feature request for this on bugzilla. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on the logic (and I am sure that there is some logic) behind Fedora's choice.

Also, kcbench does pull in 525 MB worth of data!

Best wishes,
Ranjan

> > sudo dnf info kcbench
> > Description : Compiles a linux kernel to benchmark a system or test its
> >             : stability.
> >
> > Just curious why hid-ids.h which has "USB HID quirks support for Linux" should end up in a kernel compilation whose goal is to compile a kernel to benchmark linux.
> >
> > I am trying to install Fedora on a MS Surface Pro 3. This file in the kernel tells the device what to do with the Surface Type Cover 3 and so is needed in the LiveCD. Installation without it is a major pain.
> >

> --
> Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4
> --

Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.