Replacing cpu

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 17:59:15 UTC 2015

On 06/28/2015 11:43 AM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 06/28/2015 10:03 AM, jd1008 wrote:
>> I have an electronic digital thermometer, the tip of which is inserted
>> into the boiling water.
>> At my location, it reported that boiling water is at 204 °F
>> We are only at about 4250 feet above sea level.
>> So I  think the thermometer is fibbing :)
>
> That's roughly .8 miles up; trust the thermometer.
Real cute.
So, if there are "bugs" in something being cooked, and said
bugs cannot die at 204 °F, then ..... :) :)

I saw a NG show that gathered sea water at ocean
beds right next to boiling roiling volcanic thermal spouts,
where temperatures were exceeding 300°F.
They found fully live bacteria in that water when
it was analyzed :) :)