Replacing cpu

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 29 01:53:23 UTC 2015

On 06/28/2015 06:54 PM, jd1008 wrote:
<>

> So I think the CPU needs to be replaced.

from all that you have done and posted, you may well be correct.

cpu manufactures have stress testing progs that at one time could be
pulled for running on one's system.

another good stress test is running prime number searches because they
put cpu into some intensive number work which does load up a cpu.

an especially good prog is 'prime95' available at;

  http://www.mersenne.org/download/

something you can try until you get a new cpu.

> I found an inexpensive brand new replacement cpu for
> exactly same socket as the current one.

just be sure it is a reputable company, guarantied to work, and use
a credit card for payment so you can fall back on them if company gives
you and problems if cpu does not work.

when you get it, it would be good to run prime95 on it to see if it will
hold up.

much luck with your endeavor.

> Thanks for all of the respondents' helpful hints and links.

as always, most welcome.

> Cheers,

!OPA!

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6