Thunderbird blinking browser notice -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Jun 29 09:19:38 UTC 2015

On 29/06/15 05:03, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> >https://www.dropbox.com/s/ef9z8k5vgdl28kg/foo.ogv?dl=0
>> >
>> >That shows the blinker as it popped up in t-bird after clicking on the URL. It was still there when I made the copy in a terminal.
> It plays just fine.....
>
> In an F22 VM I installed xfce on a system which was KDE only prior to that.  I created a new user and started an xfce session.  I suppose this is expected, but my desktop looks nothing like your.  I think you must have done some customization to get they look and feel you desire.

Yes, that's why I use XFCE, it's easily configured. The Ubuntu icon
brings up my Notecase Pro notes, etc., etc.

> Anyway, the system has installed on it T-Bird, Chrome, as well as firefox and konqueror.
>
> I started T-Bird and configured my email for my gmail account.
>
> I then clicked on a URL and was prompted if I wanted to make Chrome my default browser.  I said Yes and Chrome started up and opened the URL with no blinking notice of any sorts in what I believe is called a "panel" in xfce.
.

I don't want to be disturbed with Firefox popping up when I click on an
URL in Thunderbird, I go to the Firefox window when I am done reading.
So in XFCE Settings > Window Manager Tweaks > Focus I check "Do
nothing." Have been doing that for some time now without any blinking
notices until recently.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD