Thunderbird blinking browser notice -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Jun 29 09:53:53 UTC 2015

On 29/06/15 05:33, Ed Greshko wrote:
> So, you want to click on a URL in T-Bird but not go directly to Firefox? I guess you want to click on multiple URL's, have it open tabs in Firefox, and go to Firefox later?
>
> FWIW, I have gone to XFCE Settings > Window Manager Tweaks > Focus and checked "Do nothing" and FF will still pop up on my system when I click on a URL in T-Bird.

.

Yes, from my notes:

To prevent Firefox from stealing Thunderbird focus when clicking on a
link in an e-mail:

XFCE Settings > Window Manager Tweaks
Focus
Honor standard ICCCM focus hint Leave this checked.
Then check "Do nothing"

Stops Firefox from taking the Thunderbird window when a link is clicked
on. It opens a tab
in Firefox and puts it there. Then just look at the new tab in Firefox
when you want to see the link.

I didn't note who sent me that or where I found it but it works for me.
It's just one of the things I do routinely when setting up a new install.

--
Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD