DNF problems. (George R Goffe)

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jun 30 06:14:59 UTC 2015

On 06/30/15 14:02, George R Goffe wrote:
> Thanks to whomever hinted "groupinstall". It's working great.
>
> This option is NOT listed in the man page. Sigh.

I responded to your post.   And the key isn't "groupinstall".  You could have typed "group install"  The key was "with-optional" and that is in the man page.

      dnf [options] group install [with-optional] <group-spec>...
              Mark the specified group installed and install packages it  con‐
              tains.   Also   include   optional  packages  of  the  group  if
              with-optional is specified.

It just so happens that "all" the packages in the "editors" group are tagged "optional".

> FWIW, I'll file a bug report for this. I wonder what else is missing...

Not needed.

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4