DNF problems - maybe force ftp->http ?

Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen traxplayer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 11:20:04 UTC 2015

On 29 June 2015 at 13:57, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 13:12 +0200, Martin Møller Skarbiniks Pedersen
> wrote:
> >   I am having big problems install new software and upgrading my
> > current
> > F22 using DNF.
> >   Maybe I am wrong but I think that if I could force dnf to use
> > http(s)
> > instead of ftp, then my
> > problems would be solved.
>
> AFAIK there is no guarantee that repos will even support HTTP(S).

Hmm. Has that always been the case. I think our firewall only supports
passive ftp.

Check your version of librepo. If it's less than 1.17.6 then update it
> before trying anything else. I also had frequent timeout problems with
> dnf before this was fixed.

Thanks for that advise. However it looks like
I already have version 1.17.6 of librepo
$ rpm -qi librepo | grep Version
Version     : 1.7.16

Is something changed from F21 (yum) to F22 (dnf) ?
Everything was working great in F21 and now dnf is very slow.

dnf install tmux took more than 5 minutes and a simple dnf update takes up
to one hour!

# dnf -v -y install tmux
cachedir: /var/cache/dnf/x86_64/22
Loaded plugins: protected_packages, download, needs-restarting, copr,
playground, builddep, langpacks, kickstart, debuginfo-install, migrate,
config-manager, reposync, generate_completion_cache, noroot, Query
initialized Langpacks plugin
DNF version: 1.0.1
repo: using cache for: fedora
not found deltainfo for: Fedora 22 - x86_64
not found updateinfo for: Fedora 22 - x86_64
repo: using cache for: rpmfusion-free-updates
not found deltainfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 - Free - Updates
not found updateinfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 - Free - Updates
repo: using cache for: adobe-linux-x86_64
not found deltainfo for: Adobe Systems Incorporated
not found updateinfo for: Adobe Systems Incorporated
repo: using cache for: rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
not found deltainfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 - Nonfree - Updates
not found updateinfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 - Nonfree - Updates
repo: using cache for: rpmfusion-free
not found deltainfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 - Free
not found updateinfo for: RPM Fusion for Fedora 22 - Free
reviving: failed for 'updates', mismatched sha256 sum.
Curl error (28): Timeout was reached for
ftp://mirror.easyspeedy.com/fedora/updates/22/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
[Connection time-out] (
ftp://mirror.easyspeedy.com/fedora/updates/22/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml).
error: Status code: 500 for
http://ftp.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/fedora/updates/22/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml
(
http://ftp.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de/fedora/updates/22/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml