akmod Nvidia dependencies

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 11:47:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-30 at 07:34 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> If you don't give it time to recompile the driver
> after the yum update and before a reboot, things
> can be in a confusing state and it won't recompile
> after the boot. (At least that is what I have
> observed).
>
> I always run "top" after a yum update and wait till
> all the compilation and rpm activity disappears before
> I type "reboot".
>
> If you install akmod-nvidia again, it will probably
> update the driver at that time and you'll be back
> to normal.

I'm using dnf (forgot to mention this is F22) but presumably the same
applies. However I did let some time pass before rebooting, not because
I was waiting for a recompilation but it just happened that way. I also
tried removing and reinstalling akmod-nvidia and it made no difference.

In any case I would have expected the update not to complete until the
module had finished recompiling.

poc