Is systemd failing to wait for USB now?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 00:55:38 UTC 2015

I've always had problems with systemd not actually waiting for the
network to be up before letting network dependent services run.

Now the last couple of updates I've installed I have a new
symptom: The system appears to (sometimes) zoom right past something
that would allow USB to work correctly. My USB keyboard and mouse
won't work, I get mail about the system losing connection to the
APC UPS box (which is plugged into a completely different
USB port than the keyboard and mouse).

Is anyone else getting random USB failures at boot?

At least I can ssh into the system and run shutdown, and USB
(so far) has worked correctly following a powerup from
scratch.

Maybe I should just stop using reboot and always power down :-).