rsyslog

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Mar 6 15:09:04 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-03-04 at 12:04 -0700, Pete Travis wrote:
> If you're open to typing a different command to access logs, here are
> a few you might find interesting:

Only the other day, I wanted to see what the NTP client, or whatever it
is called now, was up to.  I couldn't find an easy way to do what would
have been grep -i ntp /var/log/message.  Sure, I could do that on the
output of journalctl, but it takes ages to pour through the amount of
data it's kept.

No, the man page wasn't particularly enlightening.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.18.7-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Wed Feb 11 21:16:53 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.