GNOME Boxes resizing the disk

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Mar 8 00:42:51 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Frederic Muller <fred at cm17.com> wrote:

> So I actually chose the smallest/defaut size and that was a mistake. Now
> I need to increase the size which I did through the GUI, but of course
> the OS (GNU/Linux) doesn't see it.

I don't know what that means, increasing the size through the GUI. I
wasn't aware Boxes even had an option to resize qcow2 files (?)

I do not want to delete the disk and
> make a bigger one as I don't want to reinstall. I think the fs type is
> ext4 but I went through automatic install and didn't pay attention...
>
> I couldn't find out how to reboot for the iso file an already installed VM.
>
> Thank you if you could tell me more.

It's easier to tell you to reinstall and use Manual Partitioning, and
use Standard Partitions instead of LVM. Otherwise I have to write up a
bunch of questions and a how to, and to actually do that effectively
I'd probably need to run through it myself and I don't have the
hardware to do that at the moment.

--
Chris Murphy