Assistance building a backup server

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Mar 9 03:53:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 12:30 PM, Rick Stevens <ricks at alldigital.com> wrote:
> On 03/05/2015 10:53 AM, Alex Regan wrote:

>> Is btrfs used in production? I wasn't sure that it was fully stable yet.
>

> btrfs is in production now. F21 fully supports it and (I think) it's the
> default for F21.

Btrfs isn't the default in Fedora 21 and isn't expected to be until
Fedora 23 or 24.

The Btrfs raid56 code has been in the kernel for a while, but only
since kernel-3.19 is btrfs replace, scrub, and self-heal possible. I'd
say it's now a good deal closer to stable than experimental, but
raid56 is still a gray area. I can't suggest enough having more than
one backup, but that's emphasized more if the primary one is on Btrfs.

--
Chris Murphy