pvcreate

Roberto Ragusa mail at robertoragusa.it
Mon Mar 9 16:03:29 UTC 2015

On 03/08/2015 12:09 PM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Using fdisk I create a partition of 59Go (/dev/sdxy)
> Then I do a pvcreate /dev/sdxy)
> pvdisplay says:
> /dev/sdb7" is a new physical volume of "38.00 GiB"
>
> This probably results from a previous partitioning.

Maybe you just repartitioned and missed the fdisk message
about the fact that the new partition table will be
active at next reboot. It happens if some other partitions
on the disk are in use.
In that case 38GiB is the size of the old /dev/sdb7.
Be careful.

Use "cat /proc/partitions" to display how the disk is seen
by the system in this moment.

   Roberto Ragusa    mail at robertoragusa.it